Wire and cable products are used in different occasions, so the functional requirements are multifaceted and very extensive. From the overall point of view, its primary functions are summarized as:
1. Electrical function Conductive function---Most products require outstanding conductive function, and a single product requires a certain resistance scale. Electrical insulation function---insulation resistance, dielectric coefficient, dielectric loss, electrical resistance characteristics, etc. Transmission characteristics---refers to high-frequency transmission characteristics, anti-interference characteristics, etc.
2. Mechanical function refers to tensile strength, elongation, bendability, elasticity, flexibility, sensation resistance, abrasion resistance and mechanical impact resistance.
3. Thermal function refers to the temperature resistance grade of the product, the heating and heat dissipation characteristics of the wires and cables for power transmission at working temperature, the current capacity, the short-circuit and overload capability, the thermal deformation and thermal shock capability of the constituent materials, the thermal expansion of the materials and the impregnation or The dripping function of coating materials, etc.
4. Corrosion resistance and weather resistance refer to electrochemical corrosion resistance, biological and bacterial corrosion resistance, chemical resistance (oil, acid, alkali, chemical solvents, etc.) corrosion resistance, salt spray resistance, light resistance, cold resistance, mildew resistance, and moisture resistance.
5. Aging function refers to the ability of products and their constituent materials to maintain their original functions under the effects of mechanical stress, electrical stress, thermal stress, and various other external factors, or under the effects of external weather conditions.
6. Other functions include the characteristics of some materials (such as the hardness and creep of metal materials, the compatibility of polymer materials) and some special application characteristics of commodities (such as non-flammability, resistance to atomic radiation, insect bite, delay Time transmission, and energy damping, etc.). The functional requirements of commodities are firstly put forward from the aspects of the usefulness of each detailed commodity, the conditions of use, and the coordination of supporting equipment. Among the various functional requirements of a commodity, some must be the most important, and they should be strictly required to determine the effect. Some are subordinate.