Generally speaking, film capacitors, if distinguished by material, the most used are metallized polyester film capacitors and metallized polypropylene film capacitors, which is what we often call CL capacitors and CBB capacitors. What are their characteristics? And the role?
Metallized polyester film capacitors, also known as CL capacitors, commonly used are CL21, CL21X, correction capacitors (CL71/CL23B), CL11 polyester capacitors, of which CL21 is basically replaced by CBB22 capacitors, and less and less used, but CL21X capacitors The usage of CL11 polyester capacitors and correction capacitors is still extremely large.
Features of metallized polyester film capacitors:
1. Wide operating temperature range: the general temperature range can reach -40℃~120℃.
2. Large dielectric constant.
3. Good self-healing properties.
4. The volume ratio is large, that is, the volume can be made smaller, and installation does not take up space.
5. Good stability.
The role of metallized polyester film capacitor: It is mainly used in blocking and coupling, decoupling, filtering, timing, and low pulse circuits.
Metallized polypropylene film capacitors, also known as CBB capacitors, have more types and are more widely used. Common CBB capacitors include CBB20 axial capacitors, CBB21/22 capacitors, CBB13 capacitors, CBB81 high voltage capacitors, and MKP82 Double-sided metallized capacitors, CBB60 starting capacitors, etc.
Features of metallized polypropylene film capacitors:
1. Very low loss.
2. The medium absorption coefficient is low.
3. High insulation resistance.
4. Good frequency characteristics.
5. Good self-healing properties.
6. Good stability.
The role of metallized polypropylene film capacitors: high-frequency pulse applications, high-current occasions, AC occasions, high-stability timing occasions, switching power supply systems, lighting industry, industrial control industry and other fields.